I would like to begin this blog post by saying this is one of THE MOST Fall AF things I have ever done. Not just fall, but “Fall so hard” that my girl card went platinum. So what was the recipe that maxed out my girl card??
VEGAN BOOZY PUMPKIN SPICE FRAPPUCCINO RECIPE
I love the fall. I love everything about it. The crisp fall air. The crunchy leaves under my feet. All the sweaters in my closet that I’ve been low-key patting and saying, “soon.” The fact the cold outside seems to bring everyone together. This time of year is slower, more thoughtful, and make us more nostalgic as we edge towards the end of the year. For me, it makes me want to bring people together, which is difficult this year because I moved to a new city and I only know a handful of people. This fall I’m focusing on making new friendships, stop second screening my life, and share new things with new people. So this recipe seemed like the perfect opportunity to do just that.
The original recipe is from Brit + Co. while scrolling through instagram, and I immediately knew it was my destiny to make it. This beautiful photo caught my eye, I read the caption, I read the first comment, and my heart grew 4 sizes. Plus, I already had the perfect fun party glasses in mind, our disco cups. [Disco Cups as seen above in silver and rose gold are available for purchase in-stores at all Molly Green locations AND they’re on sale!! Black & white straws sold separately.]
Note: The following recipe and note are from the original blog post on Brit + Co.
Recipe Notes: For best results, try to find pumpkin spice that contains actual pumpkin. This will make your drink taste more pumpkin-y than you could ever have dreamed. If you can’t find vegan creamer (though there are tons of options in stores these days), you can use canned coconut milk (extra creaminess FTW!) or your favorite non-dairy milk.
- 1 1/2 cups strong coffee, divided
- 1 1/2 cups vegan creamer, divided
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 ounces aged rum
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice made with with pumpkin (like SnoSpice)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of ice
- optional toppings: vegan candy corn (we got ours on Etsy), cinnamon sticks, and vegan whipped cream
- Freeze 3/4 cup of brewed coffee and 3/4 cup of vegan creamer in an ice cube tray until solid.
- Add frozen coffee and creamer ice cubes, 1 cup regular ice cubes, remaining coffee, remaining creamer, and maple syrup to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, rum, instant coffee, and spices to the blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with vegan whipped cream and candies. Serve with a cinnamon stick straw if you’re feeling fancy!
Notes from me and my #squashgoals:
I tried this drink a couple of different ways to make sure I was bringing you the most delicious potential substitutes.
- This drink is delicious with OR without alcohol.
- If you aren’t straight up vegan and you can’t find pumpkin spice (NOT pumpkin pie spice ), add a splash of pumpkin spice creamer you’ll love it!
- I don’t own ice cube trays and I didn’t buy them. So make sure you cool the coffee down before you brew it. Add the coffee and creamer intended for the ice cubes to the rest and throw in a few ice cubes, but not to many because you don’t want to water it down.
The most important thing is to have fun trying something new this fall.